Hello dear foodies! Another Festival is knocking the door! After the weekend, Monday will come with the colorful Eid! And, like every year, I come with a very special recipe, exclusively for this special day! Try it in your Eid-party.
Prep Time: 30mins
Cook Time: 15mins
Serves: 4 People
- Chicken breast: 300 gm
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp.
- Onions (medium) (sliced): 2
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder: ¼ tsp
- Egg yolk (mashed): 2
- Egg whites (Boiled): 2
- Cashew paste: 3 tbsp
- Yogurt: 4 tbsp
- Green Coriander (chopped): ½ cup
- Kasuri methi: 2 tsp
- Tomato puree: 1/2 tbsp
- Oil: 3 tbsp
- Butter: 1 tbsp.
- Salt: to taste
- Wash and clean the chicken breast and boil with enough water and salt. Cook till done.
- While the chicken is still hot, shred the chicken with forks and keep it aside. Keep the chicken-stocks aside, too.
- In a separate bowl mix yogurt and cashew paste and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat the oil and fry the sliced onions till they become golden brown. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute it.
- Add all the spices - turmeric powder, cumin, coriander, red chilli powder and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the shredded chicken and mix it well on medium heat. Cook again for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the yogurt and cashew paste mixture to the chicken. Cook on low heat till the oil starts leaving the sides of the pan. Add the tomato puree and continue cooking on low heat. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Add little of water, mix well and cover the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, open the lid and add the mashed egg yolk, butter, garam masala and kasuri methi. Mix well and off the gas.
- Garnish the chciken bharta with sliced boiled egg whites and chopped green coriander.
- Serve the chicken bharta hot with roti or paratha or naan.
That’s all for today! Hope you will like today’s recipe. Please share your feedback here with me. And……