Hello foodies! Today I’m going to share a special Bengali Fish cuisine - ‘Rui Posto’. You can find so many recipes of this dish. People use Cumin seeds, Kalonji or Coriander; but I will show you how to cook the authentic recipe of ‘Rui Posto’, exclusively in Bengali style! Here I go…….
- Rui/Rahu fish: 300gm. (4/6 pieces)
- Green chilies: 6-8 pieces
- Poppy seed paste: 50gm.
- Salt: to taste
- Mustard oil: 2 cup
- Now heat the oil in a kadai and fry the fish till golden brown.
- In the remaining oil add green chilies and when they splatter add the poppy seed paste and fry.
|poppy seed paste|
- When oil separates from gravy add water, salt and the fried fish. Mix well and bring the gravy boil.
- Let the gravy boil till it becomes thick.
- Now remove the kadai from heat and garnish with green chilies.
- Serve it with steamed rice.