Hello foodies………after a long time!! As you all know, I was so much ill and couldn’t able to blog! I missed you all so much! How are you? Hope you all are doing well.
Foodies, winter is on! So, what’s your plane to celebrate? I have so many planes and from today, I’m starting ‘Winter Food Festival’ here! Hope, you like the recipes and will try it in home! Here I go for the first one…….
Chapar Ghanto (Mixed-Veg with Bara)
- Potato: 2 pieces
- Squash: 3 pieces
- Pumpkin: 250gm.
- Parwals: 3 pieces
- Cauliflower: 1 piece (small)
- Carrot: 2 pieces
- Peas: ½ cup
- Coconut (grated): 1/2 cup
- Green Chilies: 3-4
- Mustard/refine oil: 1/4 cup
- Ginger Paste: 1tsp
- Coriander Powder: 1 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2tsp
- Bay Leaves (Tez Patta): 2pieces
- Sugar: 2tsp
- Salt:- to taste
For Chapar (Bara):
- Red Lentils: 200gm.
- Green Chilli: 2 piece
- Salt: to taste
- Wet red lentils at least 4hrs and grind it with green chilies. Add salt to it.
- Heat oil and fry grinded lentils in small parts and keep aside. It’s called ‘Bara’ or ‘Chapar’.
- Peel and chop all the vegetables into medium pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add bay leaves.
- Add vegetables, ginger, turmeric powder, coriander powder, sugar and salt one by one in the same oil and mix well. Cook for 5min.
- Now add the baras and green chilies to it. Add Water and let the vegetables simmer well and get cooked.
- Take it off the flame when the vegetables well cooked. Garnish with grated coconut.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
* You may add more vegetables in it.
- If gum dries up, add a little vinegar and stir.
- Add a pinch of soda bicarb to the water to boil peas etc. faster and also to retain their bright green color.