Hello foodies! In Bengal, you can find many types of ‘Paturi’. It is a special dish, made with paste of mustard seeds. Today I’m going to share a veg-paturi. Try it and share your experiences……
Flat Beans Paturi
- Flat beans (Sem): 10-12peices
- Mustard paste: 4tablesp.
- Fresh coriander (chopped): ½ cup
- Tomato (cut in 8peices): 1peice
- Green chili: 4-5
- Turmarik Powder: a pinch
- Mustard Oil: 1/2cup
- Sugar: 1/4teasp.
- Salt: to taste
- Cut the beans into 2 pieces (if the the size of the size of beans is small or medium, then no need to cut).
- Marinated the beans with Mustard paste, turmeric powder, salt, sugar and oil and keep aside for 10-15min.
- Now, i) take the marinated beans in a steal-body tiffin box and put it in deep pan with full of water. Heat the pan with the tiffin box around 15 min and take the gas off. Open the box and add the coriander in it, mix well and cover it for 5min.
- ii) You can do it in another process. Heat oil in a pan. Add the marinated beans to it. Add little water, mix well and cover it for 4-5min. Add ½ of the corianders, when the beans are cooked. Off the gas when it dry and add the rest corianders. (If you try the second method, then use ½ of oil for marinate.)
- Serve it hot with steamed rice.
Tips of the day
2. Apply a paste of sodium bicarbonate and water on the walls and floor of the oven and keep the oven on low heat for about half an hour. Dried food can easily be removed.
That’s all for today. Soon I will back with anew recipe. Our giveaway will end tomorrow; hope you join it! Some changes are included in it, we post it soon today. Till then good bye…..take care. Namaskar.